SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/14/11 -- Mindjet®, the leading provider of business productivity software and SaaS applications that visually connect ideas, information and people, announced today that the American Association for Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP) recognized Abe Smith, vice president and general manager, Americas and Asia-Pacific, as one of 25 most influential professionals in the inside sales industry. The announcement was made as part of the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals Leadership Summit 2011 held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The AA-ISP is the recognized association for the Inside Sales profession.
Nominations for 2011's Top 25 Most Influential Inside Sales Professionals came from sales leaders and individuals, technology leaders and a host of esteemed consultants, trainers and authors. The final selections were made by the AA-ISP Awards Selection Committee, comprised of AA-ISP Executives and Advisory Board Members. Individuals listed in the top 25 received the organizations highest ranking. Other Top 25 award recipients included insides sales experts from companies such as Intel, Riverbed Media and Skype.
About the AA-ISP Top 25 Most Influential Inside Sales Professionals Award:
- The AA-ISP is the only association in America formed and dedicated to advancing the profession of Inside Sales. The member-lead organization promotes inside sales best practices and inside sales tips for business practitioners.
- Started in 2010, the AA-ISP Top 25 Most Influential Inside Sales Professionals Award recognizes individuals who have been instrumental in leading the profession and who display the following characteristics:
- Committed to advancing the profession of inside sales
- Known as a true thought leader
- Influences others through leading, training and/or the sharing of best practices
- Viewed by peers as someone who positively influences others by word, deed and character
- Each year the AA-ISP honors these winning individuals, organizations and service providers at its Annual Leadership Summit for their outstanding contribution to inside sales. Award recipients are selected by the AA-ISP Awards Committee, which is comprised of AA-ISP Executives and Advisory Board Members.
About Abe Smith:
- Abe Smith, vice president and general manager, Americas and Asia-Pacific, brings more than 15 years of sales and business development success to his role at Mindjet. A leading thinker on Sales 2.0 solutions and new technologies, Abe leverages his knowledge and experience to drive the speed and efficiency of Mindjet's sales and customer support processes.
- Previously, Abe held both domestic and international leadership roles at SaaS pioneer, WebEx Communications (acquired by Cisco). At WebEx, he was part of the core management team that innovated SaaS-based selling to grow revenues from sub-$50M to more than $500M in revenue culminating in the $3.2B acquisition by Cisco. During his tenure, Abe was chartered with growing business in the Americas and leading international expansion into the emerging markets, increasing revenues from $5M to nearly $50M in just three years.
- Abe Smith, vice president and general manager, Americas and Asia-Pacific of Mindjet: "I am honored to have been recognized by my peers in a profession that we all feel passionate about. Inside sales professionals are increasingly adding higher percentages to top-line revenue, and I hope to continue to lead by example as we build upon the success we've achieved to date."
- Bob Perkins, founder and CEO of AA-ISP: "It is an honor to recognize Abe as a recipient of The TOP 25 'Most Influential' Inside Sales Professionals Award. He has proven his dedication to advancing the professionalism and performance of the inside sales industry, which is the mission of the AA-ISP. We look forward to his continuing impact and leadership in this fast-growing and exciting industry."
- Scott Raskin, CEO of Mindjet: "To anyone who has had the pleasure to work with Abe, it is no surprise that he has been selected by his peers to receive this award. Abe has earned the respect of his team, and is driven to continually enhance Mindjet's customer service and team performance."
Mindjet provides business productivity software that helps business professionals visually organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading software and online services centered on information mapping, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet's innovative visualization technology to improve the usability of leading business applications.
Used by nearly 1.8 million users around the world and by business professionals in 45 of BusinessWeek's® 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies," Mindjet solutions clarify thinking, dramatically boost productivity and increase team effectiveness for better informed decisions. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview, and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview.
The AA-ISP is the only association in America formed and dedicated to advancing the profession of Inside Sales. It does this through promoting inside sales best practices and inside sales tips for business practitioners. It also promotes inside sales careers in what is already becoming the fastest growing segment of sales and marketing. For more information please visit: http://www.aa-isp.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
PerkettPR for Mindjet