BASKING RIDGE, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 07/13/12 --
- Avaya names Hamid Assarpour as Avaya's first Senior Distinguished Engineer; appoints six additional Distinguished Engineers
- This year's group of Avaya Distinguished Engineers are responsible for more than 267 US and international patents and applications and recognized as important drivers of Avaya's product portfolio
Today, Avaya named seven Distinguished Engineers for 2012, including the company's first Senior Distinguished Engineer, Hamid Assarpour. The seven esteemed Research and Development (R&D) associates are recognized as important drivers of Avaya's product portfolio, collectively accounting for more than 267 US and international patents and applications.
Senior Distinguished Engineer, Hamid Assarpour was recognized for his leadership as Chief Architect of Avaya Networking. His architecture, designs and patents power the data processing hardware and software for the Avaya Virtual Services Platform 9000, a next-generation Ethernet Switching solution that delivers high-performance, high-capacity, and high-availability for mission-critical data centers. As a Senior Distinguished Engineer, Assarpour will broaden his role to focus on end-to-end solutions based on the Virtual Enterprise Network Architecture. He will continue to participate in standards development in IEEE, while influencing and driving strategy and implementation through key technology vendors.
In addition to Assarpour, the following were named as Avaya's Distinguished Engineers for 2012:
- Mehmet Balasaygun: One of the foremost authorities on SIP endpoints including the technology, software base quality, capabilities in signaling, media and evaluation of technologies.
- Christopher Baldwin: An industry expert on network dial plans, routing and signaling protocols, as well as lead architect for Avaya Communication Manager. His expertise, innovation and leadership have helped the Avaya Aura® platform to deliver anytime, anywhere communication with a consistent user experience.
- Tamiji Homma: Homma has provided oversight and expertise as an authoritative subject matter expert and architect for Avaya Data Networking modular Ethernet product offerings in addition to being a tireless advocate for the company's customers.
- Srikanth Keesara: Industry expert in IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging and a leader for Avaya Data Networking product implementation.
- Jean Meloche: Meloche is a subject matter expert and innovator of unique network measurement and diagnostic tools that enable Quality of Service (QoS) analysis on a hop-by-hop basis, along with detailed device monitoring and remote control features.
- Milos Pujic: Lead architect in shaping the roadmap and development of SIP in the CS1000 portfolio and its subsequent integration with Avaya Aura.
The Senior Distinguished Engineer and Distinguished Engineer levels are part of the dual-career ladder Avaya established in 2011 to provide new career opportunities for individual R&D contributors. The 2012 honorees are located across Avaya's North American organization in key innovation hubs including Santa Clara, CA, Basking Ridge, NJ, Billerica, MA, and Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
"I congratulate Avaya's newest Distinguished Engineers -- they truly embody the depth and breadth of innovative and talented engineers employed by Avaya. The esteemed group's collective experience, impressive number of patents and patent applications and the impact they've had on shaping industry standards extends far beyond our walls to impact the way people communicate every day."
Kevin Kennedy, President and CEO
"I am humbled to receive such recognition. I believe innovation will be the engine of growth for our business as long as it continues to bring perceptible differentiation to our customers. I look forward to continuing to drive implementation of the Virtual Enterprise Network Architecture across Avaya's networking portfolio, with a focus on building more efficient networks."
Avaya Senior Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect, Networking
Avaya, Silicon Valley, Engineers, R&D, Innovation, IEEE, Patents, Collaboration, Mobility, BYOD
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Follow Avaya on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, and the Avaya Connected Blog.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine