REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/24/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle Communications today announced that VimpelCom, one of the world's largest communications service providers, has successfully deployed Oracle Communications Converged Application Server enabling it to deliver new revenue generating services.
- VimpelCom is initially using Oracle Communications Converged Application Server to host its Black & White List phone call manager, a service that enables customers to block or allow incoming calls from select telephone numbers.
- Moving forward, the open-standards functionality of Oracle Communications Converged Application Server will provide VimpelCom the freedom to customize and control its services portfolio by either creating its own new services, or deploying solutions from other vendors.
- VimpelCom can achieve economy of scale by developing and deploying services on a single, unified platform, and then re-using those services across multiple networks, whether Web domain, mobile, broadband, fixed or next-generation 4G LTE networks.
- The solution enables VimpelCom to reduce total cost of ownership by providing a highly scalable, high performance service environment without limitations on services or number of subscribers.
- The geographically redundant architecture of Oracle Communications Converged Application Server eliminates the risk of service outages from single points of failure, which can be caused by unforeseen natural disasters or equipment failures.
- The Oracle Communications technology was implemented by Oracle Partner Network Platinum Level Partner LANIT.
- "We required a solution that would allow us to speed up service innovation and diversity. With Oracle Communications Converged Application Server we can add new features and extensions to existing communication services, such as the Black & White phone call manager, at any time and from any vendor, giving us the freedom to choose what we think will work best for our customers," said Andrey Klimov, head of service network development department, VimpelCom.
- "With the explosive proliferation of smartphones and other IP-enabled devices, communication service providers face significant challenges to consistently deliver innovative services with maximum profitability. We are pleased to help VimpelCom take a significant step toward overcoming these challenges by implementing our open, converged server platform. Oracle Communications Converged Application Server will help VimpelCom increase revenue opportunities with innovative converged services supporting diverse business models," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
VimpelCom is one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators providing voice and data services through a range of traditional and broadband mobile and fixed technologies in Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic and Canada. VimpelCom's operations around the globe cover territory with a total population of approximately 782 million people. VimpelCom provides services under the "Beeline", "Kyivstar", "djuice", "Wind", "Infostrada", "Mobilink", "Leo", "banglalink", "Telecel", and "Djezzy" brands. As of June 30, 2012 VimpelCom had 208 million mobile subscribers on a combined basis. VimpelCom is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (VIP). For more information visit: http://www.vimpelcom.com