SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/29/12 -- ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, at its inaugural MySQL Connect conference at Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle announced new commercial extensions for MySQL Enterprise Edition, delivering enhanced security and high availability options to customers.
- The new MySQL Enterprise Audit provides an "out-of-the-box," easy to use auditing and compliance solution helping customers conform to industry best practices and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- MySQL Enterprise Edition now includes two new high availability options: Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD) for Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris Cluster integration.
- The new commercial extensions are available as part of the MySQL Enterprise Edition and MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition (CGE), at no additional cost.
Advanced Security Features and Increased Availability
- The new commercial extensions add to the comprehensive set of advanced features, management tools and technical support enabling customers to achieve the highest levels of MySQL scalability, security, reliability and uptime.
- Advanced security and high availability options include:
- Out-of-the-box policy-based auditing: MySQL Enterprise Audit enables policy-based monitoring and logging of query activity executed on MySQL databases, making MySQL suitable for the most regulated and compliance-driven applications and environments. MySQL Enterprise Audit enables customers to:
- Dynamically enable/disable audit stream
- Implement policies that log all or selected login or query based activities
- Automatically rotate audit log files based on size
- Existing customers can download MySQL Enterprise Audit from the MyOracle Support Portal. Software evaluations are available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
- Automatic failover and synchronous replication: MySQL Enterprise High Availability with DRBD for Oracle Linux allows users to build highly available MySQL services using commodity servers and open source software, with technical support from Oracle. MySQL Enterprise High Availability with DRBD provides:
- Synchronous replication, including mirroring, with automatic failover between nodes to help deliver highly available web services.
- Support for the entire stack as part of MySQL Enterprise Edition and Oracle Linux Premier Support including: the MySQL Database, the DRBD kernel module and underlying utilities, Pacemaker and Corosync cluster messaging and management processes, and the Oracle Linux operating system.
- Certification and best practices for installing, configuring, provisioning and testing the full MySQL and DRBD stack.
- High availability for mission critical applications: the new MySQL Enterprise High Availability with Oracle Solaris Cluster allows the deployment of mission critical MySQL applications requiring high availability and load balancing with Oracle Solaris Cluster. Configuration options include:
- Replication: The Oracle Solaris Cluster agent for MySQL controls and monitors MySQL replication.
- Scalable Topology: Customers can run multiple MySQL databases and access them through Oracle Solaris Cluster's internal load-balancer.
- Disaster Recovery: Offers the ability to tie two distinct clusters together to implement a disaster recovery solution.
Technical support is included in MySQL Enterprise Edition, and users can learn more and download the agent here.
- "MySQL customers want to reduce the risk, cost and time to deploy and manage business critical applications," said Tomas Ulin, vice president of MySQL Engineering, Oracle. "Our new security and high availability commercial extensions specifically address those needs."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus for Oracle