REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has again named Oracle as a leader in both of its latest identity management reports -- specifically the "Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance" for the fifth year (1) and the "Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning" for the second year (2).
- Oracle's positioning in the Leaders Quadrants for both Magic Quadrants showcases how Oracle Identity and Access Governance Suite, a key component of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, provides customers with an integrated and complete solution to automate Identity Audit and Compliance with its Access Request, Provisioning, Certification and Privileged Account Management capabilities.
- According to Gartner, leaders in Identity and Access Governance (IAG), "deliver a comprehensive toolset for the governance of identities and access. Leaders also show evidence of superior vision and execution for anticipated requirements related to technology, methodology or means of delivery. Leaders typically show strong revenue growth and demonstrate customer satisfaction with IAG capabilities and/or related service and support." (1)
- Gartner describes leaders in user administration/provisioning as, "possess(ing) impressive track records in UAP (User Account Provisioning) use across most industry segments. Business investments position them well for the future. Leaders demonstrate balanced and exceptional progress and effort in the Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision categories. They possess comprehensive feature sets and enjoy reasonable customer satisfaction. They can -- and often do -- change the course of the industry." (2)
- The full reports, compliments of Oracle, are available at Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance and Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning.
- "Our customers look to us for next-generation identity solutions to help find the proper balance between effectively granting access rights while enforcing governance processes to meet all of today's complex compliance mandates," said Amit Jasuja, vice president, Oracle Security and Identity Management. "We believe Oracle's leadership in Identity and Access Governance and User Administration/Provisioning demonstrates our continued investment in providing our customers with the most innovative, integrated Identity Management platform in the market."
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance," by Earl Perkins, December 17, 2012
(2) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for User Administration and Provisioning," by Perry Carpenter and Earl Perkins, December 22, 2012
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.