REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/04/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that technology provider Aon eSolutions is using the Oracle Database Appliance, a key component of Oracle Engineered Systems, to provide a cost-effective, high-availability platform required to support its international expansion.
- The technology solutions division of Aon plc, Aon eSolutions provides innovative risk management and insurance products, services and solutions to support clients in 22 countries. Aon eSolutions' risk management, claims administration, auditing and safety management systems are delivered on its RIScloud, a client-facing transaction solution which hosts more than six billion transactions for 230,000 users annually.
- With the addition of new cloud-based risk management offerings, Aon eSolutions needed to extend its data infrastructure to support a large volume of transactions to hundreds of thousands of users, while maintaining high availability and performance. Additionally, Aon wanted to expand its infrastructure into Europe and Asia, which required it to physically host its data in Europe to comply the European Union's strict data privacy laws.
- By leveraging Oracle Database Appliance, Aon seamlessly replicated the Oracle Real Application Clusters-based infrastructure it was currently operating in the United States to run its Risk Console application suite that handles risk management administration, data consolidation, risk analysis and business intelligence capabilities.
- Aon eSolutions selected Oracle after evaluating numerous hardware and software options, determining the Oracle Database Appliance could deliver the performance, reliability and security of its current architecture, but at one-fifth of the cost.
- As the Oracle Database Appliance is a complete, integrated solution, it took just one day to get the system up and running, as opposed to the weeks it could have taken to deploy a traditional hardware and software environment.
- The simple, easy-to-manage Oracle Database Appliance also allows Aon eSolutions to save time and resources on maintenance. The company predicts it spends one-third less on patching and maintaining its infrastructure environment without adding headcount.
- With the Oracle Database Appliance, Aon eSolutions was also able to reduce data center space significantly, scaling its existing footprint down by an estimated 70 percent, while also minimizing power consumption.
- Aon eSolutions deployed eight Oracle Database Appliances in its European data center this year and will utilize the offerings unique "capacity on-demand" licensing model to easily scale as it adds new users and applications. Following, the company plans to expand the Oracle Database Appliance to support its Asia operations.
- "Our company retains our market leadership through our commitment to delivering superior technologies and services that meet our clients' risk and insurance needs, wherever they might be in the world," said Scott Wilson, Vice President Hosting & Technology Operations, Aon eSolutions. "The Oracle Database Appliance plays a critical role in our scalability and efficiency, allowing us to easily create new solutions and practices globally, at a lower total cost of ownership."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.