REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/23/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle announced today that Ambulance Victoria (AV) has begun a project to deploy Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine to underpin a potentially life-saving Business Intelligence solution.
- Ambulance Victoria provides pre-hospital care for patients experiencing medical emergencies and is a critical link in Victoria's health care system. By providing medical transport by road and air, AV ensures that both emergency and non-emergency patients receive the appropriate level of care.
- Oracle Exalytics will be used together with Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite for both operational reporting and analysis to help improve patient care, financial management and the mapping of ambulance vehicle locations in real-time in relation to hospitals providing an estimated time of arrival.
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine is the world's first engineered system specifically designed to deliver high performance analysis, modeling and planning. Built using industry-standard hardware, market-leading business intelligence software and in-memory database technology, Oracle Exalytics is an optimised system that delivers answers with unmatched speed, intelligence, simplicity and manageability.
- Ambulance Victoria needed an analytics solution that could build on their existing Real Time Operational reporting systems by drawing on a far wider range of data sources, including ambulance dispatch information. The end goal is to have a system that can enhance critical decision-making in real time, therefore improving patient outcomes.
- By combining Oracle Exalytics and Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite with the Oracle SOA Suite, AV aims to simplify integration of key operational and non-operational systems providing a series of highly relevant, tailored information dashboards to about 600 personnel initially but aiming to broaden access to a larger number of both internal and external healthcare functions in the future including finance, human resources, senior management, dispatch, and other state services.
- Of critical importance to AV was a solution that would easily integrate with existing IT systems such as the state's emergency services telecommunications information (ESTA) and ambulance spatial information as well as data from the current Finance and HR systems. It was also critical that the solution would be easy to manage once up and running. Essentially, AV needed a turnkey solution that could easily slot into their existing IT infrastructure with a minimum of fuss.
- Oracle Exalytics is currently being deployed by Ambulance Victoria as part of a broader Analytics and Reporting Program, initially focusing on Financials.
- Ambulance Victoria CIO, Cameron Crampton, commented, "The key driver for the new solution is to be able to make more informed decisions in real time to improve patient outcomes and business decision making. Our research shows that our paramedics use the information that they have available very well. Our job is to make comprehensive, up-to-date information available in a way that will improve decision making at a patient and system level."
- Fintan Diviney, General Manager, EPM & BI, Oracle ANZ, said, "Ambulance Victoria's decision to invest in Oracle Exalytics is a great example of how advanced BI and analytics can enable organisations to make more effective decisions based on real time information."
- "Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine is the world's first engineered system specifically designed to deliver high performance analysis, modeling and planning," added Diviney. "It is an optimised system that delivers answers with unmatched speed, intelligence, simplicity and manageability."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.