REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/31/13 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
TOMS One for One company gives a pair of TOMS shoes or provides eye care to a person in need for every corresponding purchase. Frequent new styles and colors have inspired consumers worldwide to seek out the brand online and in stores. To support its rapid business growth and international expansion, TOMS required the agile, scalable B2C ecommerce environment provided by Oracle Commerce.
- TOMS is using Oracle Commerce as part of a strategic initiative to deliver its One for One message to new markets and support global demand for an expanding product line that is constantly refreshed with new colors and styles.
- TOMS is using Oracle Commerce to personalize the customer experience on its site by delivering relevant content and recommendations to customers, providing a faster, easier checkout and a more visual, content-rich shopping experience with integrated ratings and reviews.
- To help ensure customers are having a consistent experience with the brand regardless of how they access the site, TOMS is taking advantage of the "responsive design" capabilities of Oracle Commerce, which immediately recognize the type of desktop or mobile device the customer is using and optimize the format, content and performance of the site for everything from browsing and selecting products to completing transactions.
- Oracle Commerce also enables TOMS' business users to have better control over the customer experience by allowing them to target promotions, personalize content, customize search results and recommendations, and update product information across multiple sites on the fly.
- The integrated translation features dramatically simplify expansion into new markets by automating the translation process.
- Behind the scenes, Oracle Commerce helps TOMS drive business performance with real-time inventory status and more complex fulfillment scenarios.
- Deloitte, a Diamond level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), helped TOMS to leverage the full functionality of the Oracle Commerce solution while launching its first ecommerce site for TOMS Netherlands within just seven months.
- Throughout the implementation, Deloitte worked side-by-side with TOMS' staff in a "train the trainer" approach that prepared the company to begin immediately moving its UK, US and Canada sites to the Oracle Commerce platform.
- Speaking at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, TOMS Hilda Fontana, Vice President Global Web Development shared insights to the company's rapid growth and the role of Oracle Commerce in improving international ecommerce operations and enabling a better customer experience worldwide.
- "TOMS is changing daily to meet new challenges," said Hilda Fontana, Vice President Global Web Development, TOMS "Oracle Commerce immediately enables our team to better serve a variety of international markets. We know Oracle has the flexibility and scalability to meet the demands of our growing business."
- "TOMS is using Oracle Commerce to deliver a superior "commerce anywhere" experience that extends the One for One promise to consumers worldwide. By creating efficiencies for internal resources, Oracle Commerce is making it easier for TOMS to expand its markets and continue to do well by doing good," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail.
- "TOMS is rapidly evolving and growing their digital presence globally and the Oracle Commerce solution helps provide TOMS with the ability to offer leading commerce capabilities on a global, flexible, scalable platform," said Belinda McConnell, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP. "Our 'One Team' approach, Deloitte + TOMS, enabled us to quickly deliver this solution and position the TOMS team for success."
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.