REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Corente, a leading provider of software-defined networking (SDN) technology for wide area networks (WANs).
- Corente's software-defined WAN virtualization platform accelerates deployment of cloud-based applications and services by allowing customers to provision and manage global private networks connecting to any site, in a secure, centralized and simple manner.
- Corente's Cloud Services Exchange delivers, secures, and manages distributed applications over diverse networks, globally, to any site, over any IP network, regardless of the type of transport, access, application or provider involved.
- Together, Corente and Oracle are expected to deliver a complete technology portfolio for cloud deployments with SDN offerings that virtualize both the enterprise data center LAN and the WAN, dramatically decreasing time to deployment of services and increasing security and manageability across the enterprise ecosystem.
- More information on this announcement can be found at http://www.oracle.com/corente.
- "Oracle customers need networking solutions that span their data centers and global networks," said Edward Screven, Oracle's Chief Corporate Architect. "By combining Oracle's technology portfolio with Corente's industry leading platform extending software-defined networking to global networks, enterprises will be able to easily and securely deliver applications and cloud services to their globally distributed locations."
- "Corente provides a full lifecycle approach to automating the provisioning and management of service delivery networks," said Jim Zucco, Corente's CEO. "Together with Oracle, we expect to deliver software-defined networking offerings that create cost-effective, secure networks, spanning global business ecosystems."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.
Oracle is currently reviewing the existing Corente product roadmap and will be providing guidance to customers in accordance with Oracle's standard product communication policies. Any resulting features and timing of release of such features as determined by Oracle's review of Corente's product roadmap are at the sole discretion of Oracle. All product roadmap information, whether communicated by Corente or by Oracle, does not represent a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain forward-looking statements about Oracle and Corente, including statements that involve risks and uncertainties concerning Oracle's proposed acquisition of Corente, anticipated customer benefits and general business outlook. When used in this document, the words "anticipates", "can", "will", "look forward to", "expected" and similar expressions and any other statements that are not historical facts are intended to identify those assertions as forward-looking statements. Any such statement may be influenced by a variety of factors, many of which are beyond the control of Oracle or Corente, that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected, described, expressed or implied in this document due to a number of risks and uncertainties. Potential risks and uncertainties include, among others, the possibility that the transaction will not close or that the closing may be delayed, the anticipated synergies of the combined companies may not be achieved after closing, the combined operations may not be successfully integrated in a timely manner, if at all, general economic conditions in regions in which either company does business may deteriorate and/or Oracle or Corente may be adversely affected by other economic, business, and/or competitive factors. Accordingly, no assurances can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will transpire or occur, or if any of them do so, what impact they will have on the results of operations or financial condition of Oracle or Corente. You are cautioned to not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this document. Neither Oracle nor Corente is under any duty to update any of the information in this document.
Oracle Corporate Communications
Oracle Investor Relations