REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/16/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
MCB Bank Ltd. (MCB), one of Pakistan's leading financial service providers with over 1100 branches, has selected Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c to help maximize its ROI from its new core banking application, while enabling faster online banking services and supporting future growth. MCB has opted to upgrade its core banking system in order to help minimize system downtime and support its rapidly growing online business, as it was now processing more than 400,000 daily transactions for retail and corporate banking services which are estimated to grow to 1 million transactions daily over the next few years.
- MCB Bank Ltd. (MCB), one of Pakistan's leading financial service providers with over 1,100 branches, has selected Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c to help maximize its ROI from its new core banking application, while enabling faster online banking services and supporting future growth.
- MCB has opted to upgrade its core banking system in order to help minimize system downtime and support its rapidly growing online business. MCB needed to enhance the system efficiency because it has been processing more than 400,000 transactions for retail and corporate banking services on daily basis that is estimated to grow around 1 million per day, over the period of next two to three years.
- Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c can help in enhancing MCB's capabilities by engaging its customers and enabling its employees along with partners. This enhancement will also be helpful in further improvement of MCB's web experience management, portals, enterprise content management and enterprise social collaboration technology.
- Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c includes all the capabilities of Oracle WebLogic Server and can enable enterprises to outperform their competitors while minimizing the operational costs. It can easily scale to adapt to changing business conditions and application requirements.
- "Oracle WebLogic Suite is the most reliable and scalable solution for our core banking platform upgrade because it will enable seamless integration with the database, primarily based on Oracle technologies," said Imtiaz Mahmood, Head of Information Technology Group, MCB Bank Ltd. "The new platform provides high performance for online banking services and supports our future growth requirements."
- "Oracle WebLogic powers exceptional experiences for employees, customers, and partners. It helps to provide the foundation for Oracle Applications to deliver a next-generation user experience," said Shariq Rehman, Country Manager, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Pakistan and South Asia Growing Economies - West. "With this implementation, MCB Bank can stay ahead of its competitors by adapting to changing business conditions and application requirements."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.