REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
- KDDI Corporation has selected Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle's fastest engineered system, to help strengthen the authentication system for its mobile core network.
- KDDI's mobile communication service has 40 million subscribers as of September 2013, and the company has seen a rapid increase in smartphone users and adoption of its "au 4G LTE" next-gen high-speed service in the last year. With increased demand for data transactions and traffic, KDDI wants to strengthen its authentication system for managing subscriber information and connectivity information for smartphone and mobile phone users.
- KDDI uses Oracle SuperCluster running Oracle Solaris and Oracle VM Server for SPARC with Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database. The company chose the engineered system based on the following benefits for its mobile core network authentication system:
- 40:1 consolidation: KDDI is consolidating 40 existing enterprise servers onto a single Oracle SuperCluster, which it expects will reduce its data center footprint by 83 percent and power consumption by 70 percent.
- Improved System Performance and Availability: Four Oracle SuperCluster systems will help significantly improve overall system performance, and enable KDDI to scale to accommodate future growth.
- Flexible Expansion and Resource Allocation: Using Oracle VM Server for SPARC, KDDI can reallocate resources and more easily add capacity as business demand grows. This virtualization technology also allows sub-capacity licensing of Oracle software on Oracle SuperCluster, which can dramatically lower Oracle middleware, database and application software license costs.
- The project utilized the Oracle Solution Center, Oracle Japan's validation center, to jointly conduct performance and functionality validation with ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (CTC).
- KDDI purchased Oracle SuperCluster in July 2013.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle SuperCluster
Oracle SuperCluster engineered systems are Oracle's fastest and most scalable engineered systems. Oracle SuperCluster combines Oracle's SPARC servers running Oracle Solaris 11 with the database optimization of Oracle Exadata Storage Servers, the accelerated processing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software, the high throughput and availability of Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance, and unified systems management of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c. They are pre-tested and optimized to run Oracle Database, Java and enterprise applications unchanged while accelerating database and Java performance. Part of Oracle's Engineered Systems family, Oracle SuperCluster demonstrates Oracle's unique ability to innovate and optimize at every layer of technology to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.