MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/04/14 -- Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service, today announced the availability of a Virtual Appliance, enabling organizations to protect data locally and replicate to the cloud without the need to purchase any onsite hardware. Companies running highly virtualized environments can now leverage their investment in virtual servers and be confident that data and applications are always protected and available, from anywhere.
- Axcient Virtual Appliance can be downloaded, installed and configured in minutes, giving companies access to Axcient's leading Recovery-as-a-Service cloud for rapid recovery of information, applications and IT infrastructures.
- Companies with virtualized IT infrastructures don't have to invest in additional hardware to leverage Axcient, and can recover and failover point-in-time snapshots of files, databases, applications and servers both locally and from the cloud, eliminating data loss and business down time.
- Axcient can now protect private and public cloud environments, enabling multi-tenant protection of disparate server clusters under one Recovery-as-a-Service cloud.
- Application downtime costs businesses from $10,000-$163,000 per hour. Now companies can use the Axcient Virtual Appliance to failover and recover servers in minutes to keep applications running during IT outages and eliminate costly downtime.
- Key benefits include:
- Lower Cost of Entry - The Virtual Appliance is installed as a downloadable package; users can install multiple versions without incurring the cost of a physical appliance
- Flexibility - Install the Virtual Appliance on any virtual host, leveraging existing compute and storage infrastructure
- Scalability - Multiple virtual appliances can run on a single virtual host, thereby reducing total cost of ownership (TCO); the Virtual Appliance can scale to any size environment up to 20 terabytes per VM
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access and recover their data and applications, by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization's entire business in the cloud including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
- The Axcient Virtual Appliance is available immediately for VMware environments.
"Our new Virtual Appliance is a major milestone for Axcient. Previously, customers needed a local, physical appliance to be able to use our solution," said Todd Scallan, vice president of products at Axcient. "With today's announcement, businesses of all sizes leveraging virtualization infrastructure, such as VMware, can benefit from the Axcient cloud solution for instant access and recovery of information, applications and IT systems."
Tweet this: .@Axcient announces new Virtual Appliance enabling companies to protect data locally w/out hardware #AxcientWorks
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today's always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click -- all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Kulesa Faul for Axcient