SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/15/14 -- Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE6, the complete multi-device, natively compiled app development platform for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac.
Most developers are making the move to mobile. Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 is one of the most complete software development solutions for building natively compiled apps for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac from a single code base. It introduces the first C++ visual development environment for Android apps, enables developers to modernize their Windows applications with VCL enhancements and easy expansion to mobile, and quickly creates high-quality apps on multiple platforms and devices, effectively increasing developer productivity up to 20x.
- Expanded support for Android makes Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 the only solution on the market to provide an integrated development environment (IDE) that supports visual development of C++ applications for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac. Users can create natively compiled apps for all platforms for both desktop and mobile, and even wearable devices like Google Glass, with a single C++ or Object Pascal (Delphi) codebase. A simple recompile delivers the same app with either a native or custom user interface (UI) to iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X with no code changes. RAD Studio XE6 supports multiple versions of Android, including 4.4 KitKat.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 helps Windows VCL (Visual Component Library) developers support their customers' move to mobile with a manageable effort. New App Tethering components enable developers to extend existing Windows VCL applications to mobile -- including wearable devices likes Google Glass -- without having to port an entire Windows application. Developers can create easy-to-build and powerful mobile companion apps for VCL applications, and pick the features that make sense for mobile and can easily interact with existing Windows applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easier for users to take advantage of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 features and style to transition customers from the no longer supported Windows XP to modern Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems. Using RAD Studio XE6, app developers can modernize VCL Windows applications; preview and interact with multi-windowed applications with new Windows taskbar components; give applications a fresh, updated Windows 7 and 8.1 or custom look; and fully style applications, including menus and borders, to deliver a modern user experience. Developers can also give customers high performance 64-bit versions of their 32-bit apps.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easy to connect with cloud services and Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) providers. New BaaS integration with components for Kinvey and Parse provides easy application access to powerful backend services in the cloud -- such as push notifications, storage, and user authentication -- thus eliminating the need for developers to build or operate their own backend IT services and infrastructure. Developers can now quickly integrate with leading BaaS providers to add functionality and platform services to their mobile applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 empowers app developers to monetize mobile apps by integrating in-app purchase functionality and advertising. Developers can sell content, functionality, services and subscriptions on iOS and Android. RAD Studio XE6 supports the top ad networks, including Google AdMob and Apple iAd.
- "Our customers asked us to create a mobile version of our desktop application that can be used by their field personnel. RAD Studio XE6 has provided us with the ability to create truly native versions of our applications for both iOS and Android," said Bill Brookfield, Senior Programmer, Perconti Data Systems. "The single code base and outstanding IDE allowed us to build, test and deploy to our customers in record time."
- "Windows developers today are looking for ways to bring their applications to other platforms even as they deal with the discontinuation of support for Windows XP," Al Hilwa, Program Director for IDC's Application Development Software research. "RAD Studio XE6 is a multi-platform development environment for both desktop and mobile that helps developers transition to the latest Windows OS and extend their Windows apps to mobile using a single C++ or Delphi codebase."
- "Now that Windows XP is officially retired, app developers face new pressures and opportunities to modernize their Windows applications and transition customers onto a supported OS," said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of products at Embarcadero Technologies. "RAD Studio XE6 will help developers update their VCL applications to the latest versions of Windows and provide a fast and easy way to extend existing Windows applications to iOS and Android mobile devices, and even wearable devices like Google Glass. RAD Studio XE6 offers a complete multi-device application platform that demonstrates our commitment to supporting the Windows desktop OS and evolving our mobile support to deliver critical features and support for our customers' success across desktop and mobile platforms with a single code base."
RAD Studio XE6 launched by @EmbarcaderoTech. Modernizes Windows XP apps; extends them to mobile: http://embt.co/RADXE6PR
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine