SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 05/13/14 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) and its next generation Smart Weapons. These orders are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2014.
Significant new TASER Weapon deployments:
- Albemarle County Police Department (VA): 63 TASER® X2, upgrade
- Alamo Community College District (TX): 75 TASER® X26P Smart Weapons
- Clark County District Court (NV): 60 X2s
- Marion County Sheriff's Department (FL): 186 X26Ps, upgrade
- New York City Police Department (NY): 500 TASER® X26 CEWs
- San Jose Police Department (CA): 590 X26Ps, upgrade
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- Adairsville Police Department (GA): X2s with TASER Assurance Plan
- Ansonia Police Department (CT): X26Ps, upgrade
- Century Security and Event Staffing (NV): X26Ps
- Collier County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Durango Police Department (CO): X26Ps with TASER® Cam HD recorders and TASER Assurance Plan, upgrade
- Durham Police Department (NC): X2s
- Florida Department of Agriculture (FL): X26Ps
- Fort Meade (MD): X26Ps with TASER CAM HD recorders
- Gavin de Becker and Associates, Inc. (CA): X26Ps
- Jackson State University DPS (MS): X26Ps
- Johnson County Sheriff's Office (KS): X2s, upgrade
- Lamesa Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Lincoln County Sheriff's Office (MO): X26Ps
- Lubbock County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps, upgrade
- New Milford Police Department (CT): X26Ps
- Ohio State Highway Patrol (OH): X26Ps
- Plantation Police Department (FL): X2s
- Port Authority of Allegheny County Police Department (PA): X2s
- Ruleville Police Department (MS): X26Ps
- Sumter County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Volusia County Division of Corrections (FL): X26Ps
- Volusia County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Victoria County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps
- VIA Metropolitan Transit Police (TX): X2s
- Westchester County Police Department (NY): X26Ps
- Westmoreland County Sheriff's Office (PA): X26Ps, upgrade
TASER Social Media Links
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 124,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, TASER X2, TASER CAM HD, and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2591162
Vice President of Communications
TASER International, Inc.
Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000