PHILADELPHIA, May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The online guide to Best Value Schools has just launched a new article that showcases 25 affordable liberal arts colleges. "Top 25 Liberal Arts Colleges With the Best Return on Investment" puts the spotlight on highly-rated liberal arts degree programs in the U.S. with great 30-year ROI. The purpose of the article is to help users compare top liberal arts undergraduate programs and save on tuition costs.
Best Value Schools began its calculations by selecting the top 100 liberal arts schools according to a ranking by U.S. News and World Report. The colleges were then ranked for potential earning power according to salary information published by Payscale.com, and the top 25 are detailed in the article. Two colleges in Claremont, California earned the best ratings for ROI, with Harvey Mudd College ranking first and Claremont McKenna College ranking second.
"Many students aren't looking at the return on investment in a liberal arts college degree," said editor Paul Church. "But the data shows that many of these schools make great financial sense."
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics endorses liberal arts degrees for a huge range of career paths, and the employment outlook for liberal arts graduates is strong. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the attributes that employers look for most in job-seekers are problem-solving and communication skills--the same skills learned in liberal arts programs. Degrees in liberal arts also help students prepare for graduate programs in a number of fields of study.
The Best Value Schools website provides a practical guide for students and parents to learn about affordable, high-quality degree programs and avoid high student debt. The site is made up of helpful articles and scholarship information as well as rankings and recommendations for universities with low ROI. The newest article about 25 affordable liberal arts colleges is available now for free download on Best Value Schools: http://www.bestvalueschools.com/liberal-arts-colleges-best-roi/.
Following is the complete list of top 25 liberal arts colleges with the best return on investment as rated by Best Value Schools:
1. Harvey Mudd College: Claremont, California
2. Claremont McKenna College: Claremont, California
3. Williams College: Williamstown, Massachusetts
4. Haverford College: Haverford, Pennsylvania
5. Swarthmore College: Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
6. Washington and Lee University: Lexington, Virginia
7. Hamilton College: Clinton, New York
8. Amherst College: Amherst, Massachusetts
9. Colgate University: Hamilton, New York
10. College of the Holy Cross: Worcester, Massachusetts
11. Carleton College: Northfield, Minnesota
12. Bates College: Lewiston, Maine
13. Macalester College: St. Paul, Minnesota
14. Wesleyan University: Middletown, Connecticut
15. Pomona College: Claremont, California
16. Middlebury College: Middlebury, Vermont
17. University of Richmond: Richmond, Virginia
18. Colby College: Waterville, Maine
19. Oberlin College: Oberlin, Ohio
20. Smith College: Northampton, Massachusetts
21. Bowdoin College: Brunswick, Maine
22. Grinnell College: Grinnell, Iowa
23. Davidson College: Davidson, North Carolina
24. Bryn Mawr College: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
25. Wellesley College: Wellesley, Massachusetts
About: Best Value Schools is an online guide to U.S. colleges and universities with the best return on investment. Visit BestValueSchools.com and learn how to save on tuition costs at top universities.