Friday, July 25, 2014 Last update: 5:33 PM - All Company Technology News Since 1996

AUXILIUM PHARMACEUTICALS SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces the Investigation of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. Over the Proposed Sale of the Company to QLT Inc.

Companies mentioned in this article: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP

NEW YORK, June 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, is investigating the Board of Directors of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals Inc. ("Auxilium" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: AUXL) for potential breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with the sale of the Company to QLT Inc. ("QLT") in an all-stock deal valued at approximately $851 million. The Company's stockholders will only receive 3.1359 QLT shares for each share of Auxilium common stock they own. Ultimately, Auxilium shareholders will own 76 percent of the combined company, while QLT shareholders will own the remaining 24 percent. Auxilium will be re-incorporating to Canada.

Click here for more information: There is no cost or obligation to you.

The investigation focuses on whether Auxilium's Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to the Company's stockholders by failing to conduct a fair sales process and whether and by how much this proposed transaction undervalues the Company to the detriment of Auxilium's shareholders.

Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP is a national law firm which represents investors and individuals in class action litigation. The firm is focused on providing exemplary legal services in complex litigation in the areas of securities, shareholder, antitrust and consumer litigation, throughout all phases of litigation. The firm has an experienced trial team which has achieved significant victories on behalf of the firm's clients. To keep track of the latest securities litigation news, follow us on Twitter at or on Facebook at

If you own common stock in Auxilium and wish to obtain additional information and protect your investments free of charge, please visit us at or contact Juan E. Monteverde, Esq. either via e-mail at or by telephone at (877) 247-4292 or (212) 983-9330.


Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
369 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Attn: Juan E. Monteverde, Esq.
Toll Free: (877) 247-4292
Phone: (212) 983-9330

Attorney Advertising. (C) 2014 Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP ( Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. We are happy to discuss your particular case.

Logo -

SOURCE Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP