REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Li Ning Corporation, one of China's leading sports apparel and equipment companies, plans to transform its business from manufacturing and wholesale to include direct-to-consumer retailing. To achieve this goal, Li Ning selected an integrated portfolio of Oracle Retail planning and merchandising solutions. Li Ning expects the solutions to help ensure the right assortment of products are in the right stores at the right time, creating a great customer experience and increasing profitability.
- Li Ning Corporation, one of China's largest sportswear manufacturers and wholesalers selected Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization and Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations Management solutions to support its transition into retail and to help drive growth.
- The Beijing-based company, which manufactures, develops, distributes, and sells sports products under several brands, has experienced strong sales in the last few years and plans to transform its business from a majority wholesale model to include expanded retail operations.
- To support its transition, Li Ning Corporation selected Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning, Oracle Retail Assortment Planning, and Oracle Retail Item Planning solutions. The solutions will enable Li Ning to plan across channels by providing insight into consumer demand and offering timely recommendations designed to increase return on inventory investment.
- The company also selected Oracle Retail Merchandising System and Oracle Retail Allocation solutions to manage its merchandising operations and provide visibility into inventory levels across its stores. This will help ensure that product is delivered to the right place at the right time.
- Oracle was selected over other market solutions, including SAP, as Li Ning Corporation was impressed by Oracle's proven experience in providing best-in-class technology to suit a variety of retail business models.
- "To achieve our business goals at Li Ning, it was crucial for us to select the right retail solutions that will allow greater integration of our stores and merchandise operations, as well as enhance our allocation and automatic replenishment operations to drive the desired improvement of operational efficiency and order accuracy," said Zhu Yuangang, CIO of Li Ning Corporation. "Oracle solutions will help to ensure that the business has a better view of inventory which is crucial to supporting our journey to achieve our business targets."
- "Li Ning Corporation's success requires it to evolve its business model," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle has the right mix of technology and experience to help retailers like Li Ning manage opportunities for growth while providing its customers with the commerce anywhere experience they demand."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.