SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwired) -- 08/06/14 -- TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand next generation Smart Weapons. These orders were received in and are expected to ship in the third quarter of 2014.
"This is an extraordinary day for TASER as the Houston Police Department's follow on order of 2,663 TASER X2 Smart Weapons now provides the entire patrol force with a total of 5,400 TASER X2s," said Rick Smith, CEO of TASER. "Houston has long been a technology leader in law enforcement, and has been the largest municipal deployment of TASER technology over the past decade. Houston continues to lead the way in further enhancing the effectiveness and safety of their officers by upgrading to new TASER Smart Weapons."
"In addition, it's noteworthy that the Winnipeg Police Service placed the first order of Smart Weapons for Canada. We anticipate that this is the start of a widespread upgrade cycle for the aging fleet of TASER devices currently fielded across Canada," concluded Smith.
"The Houston Police Department has had a long standing relationship with TASER," stated Chief Charles A. McClelland, Jr. of the Houston Police Department. "In the last decade, TASER products have proven to be effective and high quality, and have greatly assisted our agency in reducing workers' compensation claims as our officer injuries have decreased since deploying TASER devices. With its upgraded technologies and new safety enhancements, we expect the TASER X2 will be another quality product for us during the next five years and a great tool for reducing suspect and officer injuries in the field," concluded McClelland.
Significant TASER Weapon orders:
- Atlanta Police Department (GA): 74 TASER® X2 Smart Weapons with TASER® Cam HD recorders
- Cobb County Police Department (GA): 95 X2s
- Connecticut Police Academy (CT): 75 X2s
- Houston Police Department (TX): 2,663 X2s, upgrade
- Lynchburg Police Department (VA): 178 TASER® X26P Smart Weapons with TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- Maui Police Department (HI): 60 X2s
- New Braunfels Police Department (TX): 75 X2s
- Pleasanton Police Department (CA): 65 X26Ps, upgrade
- Polk County Sheriff's Office (FL): 75 X26Ps
- Randolph Police Department (MA): 65 X26Ps
- Sandy Springs Police Department (GA): 60 X2s
- US Marshal's Service Training Academy (GA): 130 X2Ps
- Waco Police Department (TX): 70 X2s with TAP
- Winnipeg Police Service (Canada): 236 X2s, upgrade
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- US Fish and Wildlife Service-Pacific Region (OR ): X2s and X26Ps
- Aiken County Sheriff's Office (SC): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Ascension Parish Sheriff's Department (LA): X26Ps
- Austell Police Department (GA): X26Ps with TASER Cam recorders
- Bexar County Sheriff's Office (TX): X26Ps
- Charlotte County Sheriff's Office (FL): X26Ps
- Cibolo Police Department (TX): X2s
- Cocopah Tribal Police Department (AZ): X2s
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office (GA): X26Ps
- Flagstaff Police Department (AZ): X2s
- Frisco Police Department (TX): X26Ps
- Glynn County Police Department (GA): X2s, upgrade
- Harris County Constable Precinct 1 (TX): X26Ps
- Hull Police Department (MA): X2s with TAP
- Hutchinson Police Department (KS): X26Ps with TAP
- Jacksonville Beach Police Department Police Officer Reserve Program (FL): X26Ps
- Leominster Police Department (MA): X26Ps
- Logan County Sheriff's Department (WV): X2s with TAP
- Lone Tree Police Department (CO): X26Ps
- Louisville Police Department (KY): X2sManteca Police Department (CA): X26Ps
- Marlborough Police Department (MA): X2s
- Milford Police Department (MA): X2s with TAP
- Minnehaha County Sheriff's Department (SD): X2s
- Montebello Police Department (CA): X26Ps, upgrade
- Mustang Police Department (OK): X2s with TAP, upgrade
- Orange County Sheriff's Office (NY): X2s
- Pleasanton Police Department (CA): X26Ps, upgrade
- Richmond Police Department (VA): X26Ps
- Saint Peter Police Department (MN): X26P with TAP, upgrade
- Seat Pleasant Police Department (MD): X2s with TAP
- Seattle Police Department (WA): X2s
- Spalding County Sheriff's Office (GA): X26Ps
- Springfield Police Department (IL): X2s, upgrade
- Saint Charles Parish Sheriff's Department (LA): X26Ps
- Sturbridge Police Department (MA): X26Ps with TAP
- Sweetwater County Detention (WY): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders
- Warren Police Department (PA): X26Ps, upgrade
- Willis Police Department (TX): X26Ps, upgrade
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WI): X26Ps
- Woodbury County Sheriff's Office (IA): X26Ps with TAP, upgrade
TASER Social Media Links
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform. More than 128,750 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services.
Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26, TASER X26P, TASER X2, TASER Cam HD, and AXON are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2652189